Tuesday, June 5, 2007

mine

To know about me, you have to know about where i am from.Mine is a country of about 140 million people,countless ethnicities and languages,when i mean countless,i mean conviniently over a hundred.So,i could easily be at a market and be attended to by my fellow Nigerian market woman and i would not have the slightest idea what she is talking about.This might seem like a big confused house to you but we get around.
Our official language is Pidgin english,its an adulterated form of english that can be spoken from balding college professors to my grand mum who has never stepped a foot in a classroom.
Did i tell you that we have a new president?Sorry,and yes it is a beautiful country.I kind of liked the old president,he was a big,loud,subeducated man who had no respect for institutions,diplomacy and possibly the rule of law but he was a damned funny man.Reminds me of George.W.Bush excluding the funny part.He was not that good looking either.I saw him cry only once,when he lost his wife during plastic surgery even though we lost thousands of lives to accidental bomb blasts,petrol explosions,riots,murders and all.I guess he was not much of a crying man.
But my new president seems to be the exact opposite not to mention being well educated.
Did i remember to tell you that i am pretty young and that i am in my final year at medical school?i will be through by april.
I wont always talk about politics but i just feel to know me better,a little about my country wont hurt now,would it?

No comments: