Friday, January 27, 2012

M.O.A.N! (Madness Of A Nation)

The ongoing probe into the fuel subsidy scheme by the House of Representatives has been an unending source of nostalgia for me over the past week or so.It has taken me back to a time when Mathematics was more or less an alien subject to me.This,my friends,was in the world before Facebook and Twitter:and yes,my younger readers,there was indeed a time when there was no Facebook or Twitter,no matter how totally unbelievable that might seem to you!
Some things never truly change,even today,Mathematics still seems totally magical and incomprehensible as it was all those many years ago,no small thanks to the ongoing probe.

The figures coming out of this probe just don't match up.I wouldn't dare task your half baked university degree with all the figures but it is clear and plain to see,that some people somewhere are feeding fat on the hunger of the masses.
Everyday we see Allison Madueke trying to bamboozle us with her eloquence,the NNPC M.D trying desperately to save his job and the former PPRA boss,who for me has been the star of this show,the man has obviously spent the last few years enriching himself so vulgarly that he truly has no defense.He has the look of a husband caught in bed by his wife with another woman!
So,do we consume 35million litres daily or is it 52 million or 40million?
Is the subsidy payment 1.4 trillion,1.7trillion or 1.3trillion?
While my maths might not be up to scratch,I am fairly convinced that a difference of say 0.3trillion is indeed 300billion,the point for there no be kobo oh?
NNPC and the oil ministry as a whole has for too long been a "come and chop" establishment,we only strongly hope that this probe will make it a "chop and quench".

No comments: