Friday, February 15, 2013

Jawo Jawo lomo!

I truly did love Goldie's music.
It was different.
Maybe a bit brash.
The style obviously did not sit well with a lot of folks but music was never meant to be appreciated by all.
I write this today not because I am trying to suck out the last possible piece of publicity I can from the death of one so young but because I truly did love Goldie's music.
From 'Dont touch my Body'  to 'You Know it' and the catchy 'Jawo Jawo',I truly did love them all.

She was a musician on the up until the Big Bother Africa show.
First of all,I've met people who have bored myself,my soul and my spirit to death after just having to share space and listen to their brain-numbing thoughts for a few hours,so I've not really come to terms with why people were so hard on her for failing to catch or hold their attention for weeks on end!
The name calling,public humiliation and downright assault on her person was vicious and plain unkind.
The Big brother show was meant to be the lift her career needed but it most probably became the death of it and possibly hers.
When the news broke in the late hours of yesterday,I thought it was the usual celebrity deaths.
God knows TuFace Idibia must have died enough times by now.
So I went to bed expecting an apology from the blogger who broke the news,but instead,I woke up to all sorts of 'RIP GOLDIE' 'WE LOVED YOU GOLDIE',blackberry display pictures changed to that of the same woman we all hated and vilified.
No wonder a friend of mine once said that 'Its best to first bludgeon to death or at least render a Nigerian unconscious first just in case you ever find yourself in a dark corner with a Nigerian and a snake'
At least you expect a snake to bite,you never can tell what to expect from a Nigerian!
A pretentious and vile set of people,If I ever saw one!
I will always remember Goldie Harvey as a musician and a darn fine one at that!
I truly did love her music.

No comments: