Sunday, March 15, 2009

theatre of dreams!

''When I grow up I want to be an aeronautical engineer!''Sounds familiar?Growing up that was the in-thing,everybody wanted to be an aeronautic engineer.Now I'm all grown and I'm wondering to myself,WHAT THE HELL IS AN AERONAUTIC ENGINEER?I mean,WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO?We all had lofty dreams growing up........well I'm guessing we all did.I had a friend who's life ambition was to be a footballer,we all begged and pleaded with him but Akin refused to budge,I wonder who is laughing now?Actually he is,I saw the the bloke last Xmas and we cruised round town in his custom made 7series on our way to his house in Lekki........but that's a story for another day!
So what,if you had dreams of being a doctor and finding the cure to A.I.D.S and saving the world only to find yourself in one run down private hospital at Abule-Egba(No disrespect to my Abule-Egba peeps,ya'll know i love you!).
So what,if you wanted to work for NASA and..........i cant even think of a suitable comparison in naija!
So what,if you're stuck at a desk at some bank in Lagos doing an unbelievably boring and monotonous job.
So what,when you google your name the only thing that comes out is ADEDAYO ESAN IS ON FACEBOOK!
SO BLOODY WHAT!
Always be thankful for where and what you are in life cos there are a million people out there who are worse off than you.
P.S:REALLY,WHO THE HELL IS AN AERONAUTIC ENGINEER?

2 comments:

riffraff rafa said...

I grew up wantin 2 be an architect.now am @ d bac of church durin mass readin blogs :-)

THE FLIPSIDE OF LIFE said...

what can i say,you sinner!