Friday, October 12, 2012

The Devil was there!

That's the only sensible explanation I've been able to come up with.
The devil was there,complete with his baseball cap and cool wayfarer sunglasses,conducting affairs.
Like a puppet master at his peak,pulling the strings,orchestrating the mayhem,feeding the madness.
Because I can't for the life of me imagine how a reasonable people,with a head,heart and conscience would club four(4) young men to an early death,for any reason short of murder.
Not even murder justifies the brutality that took place in Aluu.
I haven't been able to bring myself to watch that video.
No one should,in all honestly!
I've seen the pictures though!
And unlike a certain picture of our commander-in-chief that has been circulating on the Internet recently,
Really!I mean dude,really!!!!!!
the pictures of the Aluu4 was as vile in it's bestiality as that of GEJ was vile in it's pretentiousness.
Four(4) young,good looking,well fed men hacked down by a rag-tag army of dishevelled,worn out villagers.
This was a prime case of the poor lashing out.
Somewhere in the darkest recesses of my mind,I can almost understand when one or two dare devil,murdering armed bandits are captured and lynched.
But those four kids????
I just don't get it!
Did they club them to death in turns?
Or did they just bunch them together at once and clubbed them all?
It takes a lot of mean spirited will power to commit such a heinous crime!
Poverty?
Maybe.
Illiteracy?
Maybe.
But nothing justifies the madness.
Does a supposedly stolen blackberry phone or laptop equate four young lives?
I'm not sure it even equates a plate of goat head pepper soup in a decent Lagos 5-star hotel!
We'll get the usual talk from the police,the usual arrest of innocents and the eventual sweeping of the case under the carpet.
This is a case beyond the police.
Maybe even beyond the devil,the orchestrator.
I can just imagine the devil packing up his bags after the second lad was killed and leaving in a hurry,shaking his head and wondering where God got these Nigerians from!

No comments: