Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Butchers,DemDonCrazy Day and the Nigerian Governors Forum!

So much water has passed under the proverbial bridge since we last gisted and I'm guessing that if not for the rehabilitation work done on the 3rd Mainland bridge a while back,the poor bridge might just have collapsed from the sheer force!
Its been two weeks or so of non-stop action.
From murderous Isale-Eko butchers turned British citizens to state governors having a laugh at our collective expense by competing in a ball-sizing competition in Abuja to today's celebration of Democracy Day.
Happy Democracy Day by the way.
I woke up this morning to loud cheerful noises on my street.
Hundreds of residents had lined my streets,waving flags fervently like a bunch of epileptic children and singing the National Anthem with pride.
I quickly raced down the stairs to join the fray to ask what all the joyful commotion was about and I was told 'Duh!Its democracy day.We are celebrating"
I hurriedly rushed over to the makeshift kiosk where Nigerian flags were being handed out to grab mine.
Until.................................the loud banging on the metal barricade I call my apartment door and my security man's shrill voice yelling 'Oga,I wan off the gen oh.You know say light never dey this week  make you for allow the thing rest small' woke me up from my slumber.
It's just one of those holidays I don't get.
You don't celebrate what you don't have.
You don't see a 'Proud Ferrari owner' sticker on my jalopy Mazda now,do you?
So why on earth are we?
That also reminds me by the way.
I need to get a 64 inch screen T.V at the very least.
I was watching a DemDonCrazy Day town hall meeting today on the NTA,all the government officials seemed to be tripping over themselves to see who could stick their foot up the asses of Nigerians the farthest by spewing forth all sorts of 'facts and figures,and I swear Pius Anyim Pius could not fit into my 32 inch screen.
All I could see was an obese and armless Pius saying more crap than a half-crazed Micheal Adebolajo on British T.V.
Apparently,democracy ain't working out too shabbily for Oga Pius.
What I do?

That brings me full circle to the Nigerians involved in  the U.K attacks.
Say what you may,those boys are as Nigerian as the boy that sells me pirated CD's at Ikeja 'Under bridge'.(By the way,Pirated is the name of a rock group,so the boy sells me original copies of Pirated's latest works*straight face*).
If Nigerians can try,as dumb as it seemed at the time,to try an attach some form of Nigerianess on the popular American rapper,Nas,or the British singer ,Taio Cruz because of their names,we might as well accept Michael Adebolajo,knives,meat cleavers and all!
It was a horrific attack.
The poor British soldier,hacked to death like Campos;a particularly spoilt goat my grandmother had in the village many years ago.The goat's favourite meal was Cabin biscuit and Fanta*I swear*
My guy Campos!

But that's a story for another time.
The shock on the streets of England was palpable.That such an horrific attack was taking place on a U.K street and not some far flung animal territory like Somalia or Lagos,shook the the society to its foundation.
Husband,Father,Hero.

The rise in self-radicalized individuals,be it Islamists or Christians,as the Norway mad man,Anders Breivik showed,must be a source of great concern to all reasonable governments worldwide.
Is Internet restriction a possibility?
I dunno?
But something has to be done and soon.
A brief consolation to Nigerians as to be the fact that one out of every five Africans is a Nigerian,so there's always a high statistical chance that when next you see a black man involved in criminality,he just might well be a Nigerian.
Its not a reflection of us as a people.
Its just a matter of numbers.
It also means that when you see a group of Black Governors acting like Orwellian characters,there's also a good chance that they just might be Nigerian.
Cut me up,fillet me and serve me as a tuna sandwich to Micheal Adebolajo but did the Governors and their Oga at the top misbehave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The fact that Rotimi Amaechi was booted out office as Chairman of the NGF is not really the story for me but the fact that a video,purportedly shot by the incorrigible Governor of Osun State,Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola,showing the underhand tactics involved is what seems to be making rounds.
My interest does not lie in the possibility that the elections might have been allegedly rigged(that's been going on  for 14 years).
I'm just wondering and truly hoping,if,just maybe if,the dear Governor of Osun State might have some tips for movie producers in Nigeria.
Who knows,maybe then an end might be in sight for the shitty films been churned out in Nollywood.
P.S:Follow @doctorrotcod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.